Let's face it, graduating marks the end of an era. Why not keep a little something with you to remind you of all the great times you had?
(Great times studying at the library, of course).
One of my all time favorite orders was from a woman ordering coordinates pendants for herself and two of her college friends. Despite the fact that they graduated years ago, they still love their alma mater and visit there together often. In honor of this bond, she ordered three pendants - each with different coordinates pinpointing their favorite spot on campus. One pendant even has the exact coordinates of specific seats in the football stadium (which was less than easy to figure out). Ughhhh.... the whole thing was just too cute for me to handle.
TLDR; Whether they be from high school or college, keep a little piece of your glory days with you... wherever you go.
When Karena Dawn of Tone It Up ordered several Coordinates Pendants to give as gifts for some of her bridal party a few months ago, I lost it. But, when her wedding was then featured on Style Me Pretty and included shots of said Coordinates Pendants, I died! Anyone who follows Karena and Katrina knows that they are total sweethearts - so much so that she even took the time to email me and let me know how excited she was about the necklaces. If you haven't done so already, be sure to head over to Style Me Pretty to view the gallery of Karena's stunning wedding!
My go-to location when picking coordinates for my personal jewelry is always the family lake house on Walloon Lake. However, lately I've been broadening my horizons a little - and the possibilities are endless! Here are some of my favorite location ideas from recent orders:
- High School - Either use the coordinates of your grad's high school as a great alternative to a class ring, or of home for the girl that's going to college too far away!
- College - When your heading off to the real world, there's nothing better than a little reminder of the fun times that you had in college... oh and all of the important things you learned in class too.
- Engagement - I've had many grooms give this as a wedding gift to their bride, and I have to say, it's always one of my favorite orders!
- Wedding - The perfect anniversary gift!
- Where Baby was Born - Great idea for the ever popular "push present" ( see also: The Namesake Ring)
- Vacation Location - Keep all of those wonderful memories with you wherever you go!
- Home - There's no place like home! I may live in Chicago, but there's nothing more comforting than driving down "my" driveway in Indy for the first time when coming back into town. Plus, the dog lives there.
Ok, fine. So she's not technically mine. But, she's my sister's which is basically the same thing.
To commemorate the new addition to the family, we came up with a custom ring for my sister's husband to give to her. This ring is much like The Coordinates Ring but, instead of coordinates, it reads "Charlotte" with a diamond between each letter. Added bonus: her birthdate is engraved on the inside! Someday this ring will be passed down to Charlie but, in the meantime, maybe Heather will add at least one more with a different name to the stack??